Friday, May 30, 2008

Freaky Friday

It's finally Friday and as usual I took the bus to KPD E for my Human Services class at 8 a.m. I really didn't know who to blame...Sigh...I was there at 7.50a.m. but the bus did not move till 8.10 or so...I was...kinda pissed off by the fact that it was all crowded and stuffy.

A guy stood beside me, let out a couple of sneezes...It felt gross itself, all the more, some 'fluid' substance fell on my left arm. It felt even worse. I wanted to utter out 'Bless you'. But I was very self-aware at that moment where I knew if I were to say that, it'll be considered as culturally not acceptable. Well...This reminded me of what had happened in LAX. The day when I was ready to board the plane to head back to Malaysia. An Asian man, while dealing something at the check in counter, was letting out a very very loud sneeze! Then, out of nowhere, in between the crowd, a loud 'Bless you' was shouted! Haha.....There was a blast of laughter at the airport. I was one of them who laughed as well.

I was thinking...Why these things could happen in US but why not in Malaysia. That'd make Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur a better place. Don't you think so? Where everybody isn't minding their own business, being cold blooded and numbed by many social issues. I miss the moments where I could say hi to anybody whom I met without being awkward or being judged as weirdo.

Do overprotective parents make us better? I don't know. but one saying says it all... Too much care kills a cat. I think I agree with the saying and it's true I suppose. I don't know how do parents feel. I'm not parents myself and I couldn't understand how it feels like when your children wants to go to Fraser's Hill. I'm confused... I wasn't allowed to go to Fraser's Hill cuz it seems to my parents that it's very dangerous. 'Why take the risk?'

I didn't want to argue with them cuz I know they love me but...back to the question again. Do cares like that make good?

No comments: