Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring is officially here!


Time travels very very fast. It's been 3 months I'm here. I've been through a lot. and I couldn't even count the blessings from the Lord. Favour of Him that keeps me accompanied.


Luke 6:38 --> Give and it will be given to you...

The joy overflows when you give. I still remember the story where 2 people were given choices either be the one who gives or the one who receive. The one who chose to be the giver, becomes a rich man where the one who chose to be the receiver, becomes a beggar. I think it makes a complete and perfect sense. The rich has the ability to give. And I want to be the rich man!

I found that tipping comes with a great feeling of joy. Because when you tip, you are telling indirectly to yourself that you are rich. hehehe...It might sound funny but that's the reality.


I fell in love with Great Falls. A guest from Alberta, Canada told me that this city, is still living in the 1950's. I find this wonderful! No wonder...the people here live in a laid-back society with good manners and all. Still recalled a couple of weeks ago, I left my camera (Sony-DSC-T3O)in post office. A gentleman actually brought it to the attendant and she kept it for me. I could imagine what would happen if it takes place in KL. I would have lost it and I will never have the chance to have it back.
Despite the moral issues they have here...I mean, many teenagers here smoke, not to mention about the adults. Drugs...and the middle and highschool students actually take birth control pills. It would mean that...they are sexually active!! Even at this age!!! Shockingly scary...
I enjoy the convenience here. I used to look for Neutrogena cosmetics in Malaysia. I went to stores after stores to search for it (that's because I saw the ads in Elle Girl magazine, still not realising that it's the US mag.). The outcome from the hunting is zero. I still remembered the sales lady in one of the shops in Mid Valley said it out loud straight after I left, and I could still hear what she said exactly with a sarcastic tone, " Neutrogena got cosmetics one meh?" So....Manglish....I can't blame her because she's been locking herself up from knowing and discovering the world.
Now, in US, I enjoy the luxury of renting DVDs online, which shipped straight to my apartment and purchasing goods online that I don't need to have so much hassle going to the store on my feet; and I could buy branded clothes with a cheaper price here. I'm earning US dollars after all. Really indulging and I wish I could stay here forever.
But reality tells me that I couldn't do that. I have to go back and continue to strive. This journey serves precious practical and independent experiences for me without realising that I've been through so much and of course, much more to come. I thank God for this that I become better at more things. Lessons learnt here are just uncountable. If only I could stay longer...

No comments: