Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Star Gazing...Nature trailers...Day 3

It's getting colder...windier....
but we still woke up extremely early for starssss

The clear skies gave us the opportunity to see numerous shooting stars.

The sky is filled with stars.

Psalm 8:3
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place

I see beyond the universe... in my heart, and I silently wished I could see the northern lights!
Stunning view from the hilltop in Vik

Day 3 - Black Sand Beach, Vik, Skogafoss & Seljalandsfoss


Even the cemetery is more beautiful than ever.

found a gem just outside of our apartment!


black black sand...

The legendary Skogafoss!! We managed to climb to the top!
some parts of the water were frozen

icy roads and slippery...

My favourite spot! sitting in the middle of the road, on the way back from Vik

too bad.... Seljalandsfoss is too windy...we could only take the picture inside the car. my hat flew off when I tried to get down from the car...arggghhh....so difficult!






Here's a cozy place. My favourite stay in Iceland, the Garage! should have stayed here forever!


Have to go to Skogafoss restaurant for dinner! hunt for northern lights!

and true enough!!! we saw northern lights at 7.30pm! 9.30pm, and 10.30pm!!! awwwww..... I wish I had a better camera to capture the lights!


I'll never touch it again. Minke Whale salad

Reindeer meat too >.<

I thought the restaurant has great review. Sometimes you cannot get the best of both worlds.



No comments: