Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Iceland! here I am! Day 1 and Day 2

Day 1 at Reykjavik

It was indeed a memorable experience cuz I haven't seen snow in years!!!

It was -1 outside, and the sunrise is 11.22am. Reminds me of why I'm in Iceland again - to see the Northern lights!

We went to Hallgrímskirkja church, a place filled with Christmas seasons feelings....














Strolling along the streets



So already hungry by 12pm!
but we only managed to find a proper restaurant at 1pm. Geiri Smart









I ordered Crackling Pork

Starter: Greek Yoghurt



Wendy ordered Duck leg confit






Dessert: Ris Ala mande (so sour!!!)










It's getting chillier with more snow coming down. It's time to head to The Garage Studio Apartment!
it's about 2 hours drive from Reykjavik!!!

Pleasant surprises from The Garage!! I'm loving it!





Itinerary for Day 1














Day 2 at Vik & Diamond Beach

Here's to more epic road driving experience

More than a scenic drive could offer!



Road is slippery, windy, blurry...







We drove more than 3 hours to Diamond Beach!

But we didn't feel it because it was way too epic! the scenery was breathtaking and I was so so amazed by the creation of God! Awwwwww.......



How could it be.....


it's interesting to see this big cubes of ice just laze around the beach...haha...just like that...

Nobody could have imagined how challenging it was for us to take those photos!!! the wind was blowing so strong that my hands, face, toes were freezing!

Despite how challenging and tough, we still had to smile into the camera!

Then here's what amazed me further!!!

those floating ice...I wonder how they were formed. insane! the blue colour and all...it's truly beautiful!


Day 2 Itinerary








No comments: